The only way to get loved by search engines is to create and maintain a search engine friendly website to get rewards in the form of free targeted traffic. It is good to create backlinks and conquer search engines like Google for short term, but let me tell you Google is smart enough and keeps on releasing its algorithm updates to push down the spammy and non-worthy articles from its index. If you are creating a blog for long run and want to use it for your long term business then you need to make sure that your website complies with what Google wants. I have mentioned few tips below that can help you to stay friendly with the Google updates.
1) Create Infographics To Get Unlimited Natural BacklinksHave you ever seen awesome infographics on Neil Patel's Quick sprout ? He is actually investing lots of money on infographics designs and relevancy and sharing for absolutely free on his blog along with the sharing link just below the infographics. Do you know why ? This is actually his smart strategy to get unlimited free backlinks which are also loved by Google. Infographics have that capability to get viral and therefore most of the big digital marketers target them to get unlimited natural backlinks. You can also try for the same.
2) Never Write About News And Tech Updates On Your New BlogIf you are writing about any news updates or the specification of new trending mobile phone or Operating System on your new blog then I am sorry but you will never be able to generate search engine traffic on that post. Google is already aware about the top news sites and it will only rank them instantly on any of the trending news and even if you managed to rank on that keyword within one-two months then that news will not be trending for your readers and they will stop searching about that keyword and your post will become a dead post.
3) Update Your Blog Content RegularlyGoogle loves to crawl those websites which are updated regularly. This is my personal experience and I can assure you if you can manage to update your blog posts regularly then your blog rankings will get automatically boosted up even with negligible off page optimization. I know it might be a tough job for you to get content ideas and write posts daily but you can modify already published posts regularly and trust me you will see a boost in your blog rankings.
4) Build Quality Backlinks And Maintain The Link Velocity
5) Monitor Rankings Of Your Keywords
6) Never Try To Fool Google By Creating Doorway PagesDoorway pages are low quality pages which many affiliate marketers use to gain traffic from search engines by fooling Google bots. Doorway pages are optimized for those particular keywords and phrases that have nothing to do with its contents as they are only created to redirect the traffic to some other page. Visitors feel as if they are cheated as they do not get information which they want.
Google can kill your business at anytime if it catches the doorway pages in your website.
Ebay was the recent victim of PANDA and lost its 80% of organic rankings just because of doorway pages.